This guide will help you starting send your emails from Email It Software. It will cover all the way from adding contacts to checking reports for your email campaign. The step numbers highlighted in color are important and must be carried out. Other steps are optional and can be skipped.
1) Login to Sendtrack.co - You do this by entering the username and password supplied by your provider
2) Setup a Contact List (a list which will hold information about your contacts). In this section you can configure your name, email and other details.
- Your organisation's name, email and other details
- Where the bounced emails should be sent to (if you don't see this option, you don't need to worry about it as your service provider is taking care of it).
- Which custom fields you want to use (See Step 3)
- Which fields you want to see when you view the list
3) Create custom fields. If you want to collect a specific type of information about your contacts, you can create a custom field to hold that information.
- You can specify the kind of field you want to make (text box, drop‐down list, check box, and so on), and a variety of other settings.
- You can also specify whether or not the field should be mandatory (if a field is mandatory, it must be filled in before you can successfully add a contact to the list).
4) Add contacts to your contact list. Manually add information about one or more people to whom you want to send emails. You can also upload a file (CSV, TXT, or XLS) containing contacts’ information, if you have one.
5) Create a signup form. Use Sendtrack to create an HTML form you can add to your website that allows people to add their information to your contact list.
6) Place the sign up form on your website. Add the HTML form you created in step 5 to a page on your website. Skip this step if you did not create a form in step 5.
7) Create an email campaign. Email campaigns control the emails you sent to the contacts on your contact list.
- Specify whether you want to send an HTML email, a plain‐text email, or both (known as “multipart”).
- Design the HTML and/or text components of the campaign. Use the built‐in templates, modify a template, or build your own from scratch.
- Write your email’s text content.
- Use custom fields, if required.
- Activate the email: allow it to be sent to your contacts.
- Validate your email, if required: check how it looks in popular email clients.
- Preview your email, if required: send a test copy to your own email address.
- Save the campaign.
8) Send your email campaign to your contacts. Select the contact list to which you want to send the email campaign, and send it out to the contacts belonging to the list.
9) Check statistics about your campaign. Find out how many of your emails reached their targets successfully, how many were opened, and a variety of other statistics. You can skip this step if you do not want to view statistics about your campaign.